Monday, September 2, 2013

Rain in Citrus Heights


Hello everyone! Happy Labor Day!
So, as you can tell by the subject line, it rained here in Citrus Heights! It started this morning, so I decided I would go enjoy it a little bit! I was in all of my missionary clothes, but I just stood there in the rain for a little bit...and it was awesome. 


So, we just had Zone Conference this past Wednesday. President Weston came and talked to us a bit and made a couple exciting announcements. He told us that we had been chosen as one of 12 test missions that will be able to use Facebook! I'm not sure if it is actually just that many missions, because I have heard of a couple other missions that use Facebook too. It seems like it would be less common to hear about missions like that!
We had a pretty crazy experience this week. Chris Oerding, the investigator that has been preparing for baptism, just got married. We actually had the chance to help him out with it! We were rushing back from Zone Conference, since the wedding was on the same day as the conference. We were about 15 minutes late, and we still had to go pick up rings for them! We just bought some pretty cheap rings that were only around 10-20 dollars, and I actually picked her ring out! That means that I will be ready to pick my wife's ring out! It is really cool though, because Chris is now living the law of chastity so he can be baptized! He is really wanting to get baptized soon, so hopefully it can take place within the next 2 weeks or so!
Over the past couple weeks, I have really come to love learning from the scriptures more than I ever have in my life. Lehi said that he "delighteth in the scriptures," and I have come to feel the same way more than I had before my mission. The scriptures are such a powerful tool to learn and teach, and they provide such wonderful examples of the Lord and His prophets so that we may learn the principles of the Gospel.

I love you guys so much! Hope you all enjoy this next week!
Love,
Elder Ethan Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment