Monday, October 7, 2013

Loved Conference!

Hello all!

Well, General Conference was awesome. One of my favorite quotes from conference was by Elder David A. Bednar when he said, "...the blessing that comes to us through heavenly windows may be greater capacity to act and change our own circumstances rather then expecting our circumstances to be changed by someone or something else." I really like this quote, because we aren't exactly sure what blessings our Heavenly Father has in store for us. We do know, however, that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, even if we don't always remember that in times of trial or discouragement. There is a simple passage of scripture that I really like that goes along with this. It is near the beginning of the Book of Mormon when Nephi is inviting Laman and Lemuel to have faith. They are angry with him and choose to bind him with cords.

The passage of scripture says...
"17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound. 
18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again." (1 Nephi 7:17-18).
Heavenly Father answered Nephi's prayer, but not in the way that he had asked for or expected.

So transfers are still 3 weeks away, but I am kind of dreading them because I am not sure I want to leave this area quite yet! I am loving the area I am in. It would be nice to have a bit of a change, but I would like to stay for a bit longer before I ship out.

I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Ethan Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment