Monday, November 4, 2013

Greetings from Roseville!

So it is definitely weird getting transferred after being in one area
for a couple of months. It is kind of hard to learn the new area as
quick as possible, but I'm trying! Roseville is a really cool place,
and I have really enjoyed it so far. The ward is awesome, and the Ward
Mission Leader is really awesome as well. He is very involved in the
work, and I am really happy about that. The Bishop is new, but he is
focusing on reaching out to rescue those that have not been able to
make it to Church in quite a while, so I am looking forward to being
able to get a lot of work done!

We have a baptism coming up this week! Her name is Rachel, and she is
a really awesome lady. She has a bunch of tattoos, and she used to
drink and smoke and a bunch of stuff. She really turned her life
around in just the month that she has been meeting with the
missionaries, and it is awesome! Her baptism will be this Saturday,
and Elder Herrador will be baptizing her. We also had a really sweet
experience with another investigator. We went to visit her in a rest
home, because she gets really lonely and down a lot. We shared a
spiritual thought with her, and started talking to her about baptism.
We weren't planning to, but that is the way the conversation went. We
were able to set a baptismal date with her for November 30th! It was a
really cool miracle that we were able to witness and be a part of.

Some news from my last area - the Tempo Park Ward: Bob and Lois's
baptism date got moved up to the 23rd of November, and so I am looking
forward to going to that. Elder Peek, my last companion, also told me
that Bob wants me to baptize him! Elder Peek is going to baptize Lois, and
I am going to baptize Bob! It is going to be an exremely cool
experience, and I am really looking forward to it.

Love you all!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment