Monday, December 30, 2013

#2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody!

We were able to start a pretty cool thing as a mission a couple of days ago. President Weston challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 85 days, which was the same amount of time in which Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. President encourages us to mark wherever the Savior is mentioned, as well as any instance where faith is mentioned or there is a trial of faith. We have only been doing it for a couple of days, but it is amazing how strong Nephi's faith was! Even when his entire family was murmuring he stayed faithful and trusted in the Lord's promise that they would prosper if they relied on him.

This past week with the holidays was pretty tough with everybody being so busy, but we are looking forward to how it is going to pick up this next week! We were able to see a really neat, simple miracle this past week. We were trying to contact a potential investigator from a couple of years ago. We went to where he lived, and a lady answered. We asked for the potential investigator, but she said that he didn't live there. We were able to talk to her for a moment, and we set up a return appointment to come back and visit with her. While we were talking to her, she reminded me of when we tracted into Kimberly and the other time when we tracted into Kelly. I know that there have been people prepared by the Lord for us to find, and we just have to go out to see where the Lord has placed them!

I didn't think I would love a place as much as I loved Citrus Heights, but Roseville is definitely right up there. I love this place! I know God prepared me for this mission, and for the individual areas that I have served in so far. I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally, and He loves all of His children unconditionally.

I am so grateful for the Atonement. I feel inadequate a lot of the time, but Christ performed that Atonement for us to be there with us every step of the way. I love knowing that I am never alone, no matter what happens.

I love you all! Good luck with the New Year's Resolutions!

Elder Ethan Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment