Monday, September 22, 2014

Redding is Righteous, man.

We had a number of really cool experiences this last week. It felt different since we had P-day on Wednesday instead of Monday, but it still went really well. I went on exchanges with Elder Cieslak, and we stayed in my area for the exchange. We started the morning off by going to contact some potential investigators that Elder Harris and I have never met before. We stopped by Julia's house, and she was very friendly towards us. She told us she is a single mom and is currently working for the forest service. She didn't have much time right then so we left her with a Restoration pamphlet. She told us she would be interested in learning more! It isn't much yet, but it is exciting to see how we are talking to more people every single week.

After Julia we went to contact one of our investigators name Brianna. We haven't been able to an extensive lesson with her since we need a male to go inside her house, but she is showing a lot of interest. We left her with a Book of Mormon and invited her to read some specific chapters. She said she really wants to know the truth about whether there really is a God or not, and we explained that there is no way to completely prove or disprove there is a God. That is why the principle of faith is so important.

We had a couple more neat experiences on that exchange, but I don't have the time to get them all down, so I will tell about another neat experience we had on Friday. We were trying to contact some less-active members that the bishop doesn't know. We were able to see a couple of them as well as talk to some people who now live where the less-actives used to live. After contacting someone we started to walk out of the apartment complex just as a young man named Dane came up to us and asked, "Do you guys give away Bibles?" We told him we sure do. Then we proceeded to tell him about the Book of Mormon, and he said he would like one. We set up another time to bring the Bible by, and then went back to our truck. It was such a neat and simple miracle to see.

We were on exchanges again on Saturday, and I was in my area with Elder Percival. We went back to Dane's house to give him the bible, and he told us he really liked reading from the Book of Mormon. We talked to him a bit more about the Book of Mormon and talked to him about church a bit, and he said he would like to come. He said he should be able to come this next Sunday, so we are looking forward to getting him integrated in with the Young Men in the ward!

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so awesome. I have never been happier than when I am trying to be more like my Savior. Following Christ's example is the only way I would want to live in order to have a fulfilling and successful life. There is no other way for me. I feel the same way that Peter did when Christ asked "Will ye also go away?" Peter answered, "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life" (John 6:67-68).

I know I make many, many mistakes, even when I try my best. However, Christ knew I would do so and chose to suffer for my sins anyways. He loved me enough to choose to take upon himself my sins. He did that for YOU personally. Regardless of your weakness, He chose to die for you so you can live through Him.

I love you all so much.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment