Monday, May 18, 2015

Trudging through mud and digging up palms

Hello everybody.

We had zone conference this past week in Citrus Heights and it was super awesome. I gave my departing testimony and it was pretty weird. Honestly, it was harder to give than I thought it would be. My mission has really changed what things I really appreciate in my life. I love my mission so much. Love my family especially. You guys are the best.

We did a service project for an elementary school this past week. There were a bunch of ward members involved too, which was awesome. We cleaned up a couple walkways running from the surrounding neighborhood to the school playground, and they were pretty messy. We were able to dig up a couple little palm trees which were crazy tough to get out. I enjoyed it a lot. I have really enjoyed being able to do some service in this area. We talked to the principal of the school for a couple minutes and he seemed pretty impressed with the idea of us coming out on missions for 2 years.

We are still trying to find new people to teach right now. It feels a little like we are trudging through mud. But hey, at least we haven't stopped! We are praying and trying to find those who are truly ready to receive the gospel.

Love you guys. Hope you have a great week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment