Monday, July 1, 2013

Citrus Heights

Today was p-day, and we got e-mail from Ethan. I can see Monday becoming my favorite day of the week.

He hasn't sent any pictures yet, so I'm sorry that I can't upload anything other than text to the blog, but here's an update from his e-mail:

So...I have 2 companions! The reason is because one of them is going home next Monday, so he is with us until then. His name is Elder Spjute and he is from Boise, Idaho. My other companion's name is Elder Tomblin, and he is from Coeur d'Alene Idaho. They are both really cool guys. They have been good at training me, and I have become pretty good friends with both of them.
The area I am in right now is a biking area! It is a good thing, because I am going to be super fat unless I keep biking. It is also not as good thing, because it is so blazing hot here! I think it has gotten over 100 degrees every day since I have been here. Pretty crazy! 
I was able to take part in a lady's confirmation yesterday, and it was pretty cool! We also got 5 investigators to come to church, so that was really neat too. We have at least 4 people with a baptismal date, but they aren't until September and November. Hopefully, I will be able to be here for them! There is another guy that we have been talking to that has been going through a lot of tough stuff, and he is trying to come back to church. He was going to come yesterday, but he didn't wake up in time so he is for sure coming next week. This guy is super committed, and he stopped drinking coffee last week without us even asking him to! 
So I am in Citrus Heights right now. It is basically the very southernmost part of my mission. I am serving in the Tempo Park Ward right now.

It was so good to hear from him! It sounds like he likes the area (if not the heat), and is settling in nicely. He is VERY limited on his e-mail time, so it might be best to stick with handwritten letters until he gets the system down. I think he likes letters better than e-mail anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment