Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hello everyone!

This week was a pretty neat week, as most every week has at least something cool to go with it. 

I went on exchanges for the first time this week. The missionary I was with was Elder Ewell. We had a really neat experience with a girl named Kaylee, who is about 18 years old. We were riding our bikes, and she was just sitting down on the curb. We rode our bikes up to her and just started talking to her. She told us that her boyfriend had gotten her pregnant when she was 15, she got an abortion, and that the same boyfriend lost her book of about 70 poems that she has been writing since she was about 12. She was crying as she told us this. We told her that she was a precious daughter of God, and that there is hope through the Gospel. We talked to her a little bit more, gave her our number, and then left to go to another appointment. A couple hours later she texted us saying, "Thank you guys so much for talking to me. You saved my life." When I read that text, I was shocked. It was so cool to see the impact of just talking to someone has. I've always wanted to save someone's life, and now I have. It was just in a different way than I expected!

We got transfer reports yesterday (Sunday), and there are going to be some pretty crazy things happening! The ward I am serving in will be getting another set of Elders! Elder Sampson is the name of one, and he will be training so we aren't sure who the other Elder is yet. Elder Tomblin, my companion, is now District Leader. I'll be going on at least 1 exchange a week now!

Love you guys,
Elder Ethan Nielsen

Ethan learned that to let a horse know that you want to be friends you sniff its nostrils??
Their apartment in Citrus Heights 
Elders Nielsen (left) and Tomblin (right)
(L-R) Elder Ashby, Elder Tomblin, Elder Nielsen & Elder Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment