Monday, December 1, 2014

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree!

Holy cow. December is already here. Goodbye 2014! This year went by so quickly!

We had a lot of various stuff happen this week. We live with the Rocklin 5th ward Elders, and someone in their ward called to see if they could help them move...in the rain. We went to help them, and I enjoyed it! Man, I have missed the rain. I'm glad it is rainy season now here in Northern California!

We had our final zone conference in Redding this past week. It was cool to see a bunch of the missionaries I served around.

We have an investigator named Dani who is so close to baptism. She is very fickle with her decision to investigate the church. We had a lesson with her this past week. We were helping her recognize the answer of her praying to know if this is the true church. We had a kneeling prayer in the middle of the lesson, and she asked Heavenly Father if she should be baptized. She said she felt good when she prayed, and that God would then tell her when to be baptized. We were excited for her. Unfortunately, she texted a couple days later and said she didn't want to take the lessons anymore. Aah! She really enjoys church and she knows it is true, so hopefully she will come back around soon.

We got to go to the temple this past week, and it was awesome. I really enjoyed the session, and it helped to wipe away the stress for a little bit. I love the temple and the Spirit I feel there! I am going to try to hold myself to going at regular intervals once I get home. After the temple session we were walking the grounds for a bit. We saw some people take wedding pictures, and the photographer happened to be one of sisters from my ward in Roseville! It was awesome to see her, cause she was part of one of my favorite families there.

I got the flu this past week, but I am bouncing back! Elder Gessell, one of the missionaries living in my apartment, took care of me the other night. He was giving me all the medicine I needed and telling me what I needed to do to get better. I'll put a picture of Elder Gessel and me in the email.

I love being a missionary. It has it's hard times, but I love it overall. I feel like I don't measure up to expectations a lot, but I just focus on the positives and it helps a lot. Satan has gotten me to think negatively about myself and I am trying to stop for good. It isn't very fun! I have gotten a lot of comfort from Moses 1:6-16. God calls Moses "my son" and then Satan calls Moses "son of man." Satan tries to make us forgot our divine heritage, and by doing so he influences us to act lower than our standards. I know I have my Father in Heaven in my side, so if I have an eternal perspective what do I have to worry about?

Love you all very much! Have a fantastic week!

Elder Nielsen



No comments:

Post a Comment