Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 6 of 7

So this is our really long transfer of 7 weeks. This is week 6, so it is kind of weird!

We are seeing a lot of progress with a couple of our investigators this past week. Teresa says she is a lot more confident that she is going to be baptized soon. She is currently just praying to know when she should be baptized.

We had a really funny dinner last night. We are eating with the family, and the table we were at was large and full of people! They had a microfiber tablecloth, so whenever liquid spilled on it it would just bead up instead of soak into the tablecloth. It turns out that I knocked over my glass, and the water ran in between all of the plates on the table and landed in the lap of the girl across from me! It was so hilarious and terrible at the same time. That kind of thing would never happen again if I were to try 1,000 times.

I found a really great quote a bit ago. President Boyd K. Packer said "The Atonement has practical, personal, everyday value; apply it in your life. It can be activated with so simple a beginning  as prayer." I love that because it shows how infinite the Atonement really is. The Atonement is meant for the mountains that we cannot overcome completely without Christ, and it is also for the everyday things that stretch us just a tiny bit further then our comfort zone. I am trying to remember that the Atonement isn't just for the end of the day accounting before Heavenly Father where I ask for forgiveness for wrongdoings, but it can be used throughout the day to strengthen me as well.

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Nielsen
Elder Nielsen got a haircut today.


No comments:

Post a Comment