Monday, February 10, 2014

Pouring out in Roseville

Hey everyone!

We finally got some rain! It was raining for a couple of days pretty steadily, and it was very needed. We are still in a pretty good drought, but it was so awesome to be able to get the rain we were able to get. We were biking around in it and just smiling, because I LOVE THE RAIN. It was great to show up at people's houses and they would invite us in immediately. It just needs to rain all the time!

We taught Steven and his family the Plan of Salvation this past week, and they were really receptive to it. They all came to church for the 2nd week in a row, and they are loving it. During Sacrament meeting, the congregation was singing "How Great Thou Art." Halfway through the song, Steven stood up and walked out. We talked to him afterwards and he told us that something really touched him and he got so emotional that he had to get up and walk out! Steven and his family have some of the sweetest spirits I have ever come in contact with.

We had another miracle this past week, and this is one was crazy and completely unexpected. We were on Facebook one night, and I got a message from a woman named Mandy telling me she was interested in Mormonism and what missionaries do. I actually found out in the process of chatting with her that she currently lives in Orem, UT! We were able to talk to her a bit more, and we set up a time where we could FaceTime with her and teach her. We taught her the Restoration and she committed to be baptized on March 22nd, 2014. We invited her to go to church in her area, and she asked us what time the church starts. We told her we could look it up for her if she gave us her address. We put the address in, and surprisingly, my home ward popped up! I gave her my mom's number, and she said she would call her. Later, I found out that Mandy is the granddaughter of my nursery leader when I was growing up! I did not expect any of it at all, and it is a testimony to me of how Heavenly Father knows exactly what He is doing and He has a perfect plan for each of us.

I love you all!

Give em' Heaven!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment