Monday, March 3, 2014

"I'll Stay Where You Want Me to Stay"

Happy March!

We were getting more rain for a couple of days this past week! It really poured on Friday, and a creek in our area was close to overflowing! I love biking around in the rain, so I hope we keep getting more! We are still in quite a bit of a drought, so we could definitely use all we can get.

The Indian family we've been working with didn't make it to church this past week. We were really hoping they would be able to make it. They told us this past week that they are going to need a bit more time to figure everything out before their baptism and everything. We are going to have dinner over at their house sometime, and they are going to feed us legit Indian Curry! They said they will tone down how spicy it is for us, but we told them to make it full strength. They said they were surprised to hear that 2 white boys from Utah liked spicy food! Oh man, I love this family.

So we got transfer calls last night and I am staying in Roseville for another transfer! I was pretty surprised when I found that out. Elder Ure and I have been together for 2 transfers already, and now we are just starting a 3rd! I was thinking I was going to get transferred out of here, but I guess the Lord has something else in mind. My ward mission leader was saying that I am meant to stay to be here for the Indian family's baptism. I sure hope that is true! I made a couple of goals for myself while I have been on my mission. I wanted to: (1) Find an investigator and help them progress all the way up through baptism while I am in the area, and (2) find a family that joins the church together that I can go to the Temple to witness them being sealed as a family.

I love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment