Monday, May 19, 2014

Another week in Red Bluff, CA

So, this week was super awesome. We have been trying to help our investigator, Jeff, a lot recently. He had expressed to us before that he wants to be baptized, but he is scared about his family going against his decision. This was his biggest concern, and he was really anxious about it. He came to a baptism on Saturday and to church on Sunday, and he really enjoyed them both. We had a lesson with him last night at our ward mission leader's house, and we talked a bit about his family. He said that he talked to his dad about coming to church and being baptized, and then his dad told him that he fully supports him. Jeff was so surprised to hear that! Jeff's dad had apparently promised his father that he would be baptized before he died, and so he fully supports Jeff's decision as well. It is so cool, because Jeff wants to be the example to help his family make the decision to be baptized as well, and it looks like everything is working out for it to happen!

Last P-day we played some disc golf at a course here in town. When we were about halfway through we caught up to some guys who were taking a medicinal herb break, and so we started talking to them. We played the rest of the course with them, and they were asking us about being missionaries and stuff. It was a lot of fun, and one of them said they wanted to talk to us more! Super cool!

Crazy experience at Church - I played the piano during sacrament meeting for one of the Sister Missionaries that also covers the Red Bluff ward while she sang. We were about halfway through the song when the last page fell off the piano! I was kind of freaking out, and I wasn't sure what to do. It took a good minute before someone decided to get up and grab it for me, and I was so grateful! It was just in time too, because I was going to try and reach it with my foot. Luckily everything worked out!

So this is my last week with Elder Johnson. I am going to be bummed to see him go, cause we have done some good work together. He is heading back home to Chicago next week, so I'll be getting a new companion. Elder Johnson is coming back to visit in August though, so I will be able to see him if I am still here!

Love you guys!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment