Monday, May 12, 2014

Breathing Fire in NoCal

Happy International Nurse Day! Happy Mother's Day yesterday as well!

It was the best to be able to talk to the family yesterday. I was pumped that Sister Alisha Nielsen and I were able to talk a little too. Keep it real, sis'.

We were tracting a little bit this past week since we didn't have much else to do, and we picked up a new investigator named Andrew! He was a super cool guy who said we could come back and talk to him some more. Normally, tracting isn't all that effective, obviously. That made it all the better when we knocked on his door.

We also met with a guy named Jeff for the first time this week too. He was a  referral from a member in the ward, and we taught him the Restoration. He said that he has already studied about the Book of Mormon a little on his own! He said he would continue to read it and pray to find out if it is true. He is an awesome guy. We found out our ward mission leader is friends with Jeff from growing up, and Jeff's interest in the church was sparked from a simple conversation they had one time. We don't always see the miracles, but we do make a difference!

Also, I ate a Ghost Pepper the other day. I see why it is the hottest natural pepper in the world. I felt like I was breathing fire and my stomach was going to explode. Fortunately, my stomach of steel held it together. I also played the bag-pipes at the home of a less-active we are working with. It was a blast!

I love you guys a ton. Have an AMAZING week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment