Monday, May 5, 2014

The Anchor of the Gospel

Happy May!

We were able to have an awesome lesson with a less-active, part-member family on Saturday. We were teaching about the importance of studying the scriptures and prayer, and the less-active wife told us she wants to read the Book of Mormon again. She surprised herself when she felt that way, and we were really happy for her! The Spirit truly guides us and impresses us to do things, and it was neat to see the Spirit working on all of them!

I love being able to study the Gospel every morning. I have kept up with memorizing a scripture every day, and it seems to make it a richer experience. I am definitely getting some help too, because memorizing stuff was not this easy before my mission!

Kudos to Austin for getting his eagle! That rocks bud. Happy birthday Evan. I love you, and I am happy you are now able to have the authority of God. Happy Cinco de Mayo to Erika and Trevor, and happy anniversary too. You guys are the top of the cupcake. Love you!

Our lesson in Elder's Quorum this last week was so great. It was talking about having the gospel as an anchor. I read Ether 12 this morning, and verse 4 talks about how "hope...maketh an anchor to the souls of men." I looked at a footnote that took me to Hebrews 6:19, and it talks about how the anchor "entereth into that within the veil." Our hope of the Gospel is tethered through the veil, binding us
to Christ. That is so awesome! As long as we hold tight to that hope and faith in Christ then we don't need to worry about being swayed by the world.

My Mission President is definitely an advocate of a strong prayer-life, meaning sincerely and fervently talking to God when you pray. It is so much more meaningful when you pray with real intent, and I love being able to talk to my Father in Heaven. I know He is there.

I love you all so much!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment