Monday, June 2, 2014

It's a(n) boy (Elder)!

Forgive me for the cheesy subject line. It's who I am. I am officially training, and so I now have a "son." His name is Elder  Duce, and he is from Canada! Pretty sweet? Yes. We have been working really hard and had a lot of fun already. Elder Duce is very hard-working and has a strong desire to serve the Lord. It rocks.

This past week was a good one. We had a couple of dropped appointments, but we were working very hard and we were able  to see some of the fruits of our labors. We picked up a couple of new investigators, and they were really neat miracles. We were visiting with one of our investigators and her niece was there too. We shared a scripture with them, and started talking to the niece about her beliefs. We invited her to find out more about what we teach and what we are teaching her aunt, and she said yes! Awesome.

We are still working with Jeff and Jasmine to prepare for their baptisms coming up on the 14th. They aren't acquainted at all, but we will be combining their baptisms since there are a bunch of stake meetings on June 14th. Jasmine is doing well and reading the Book of Mormon every day. We are really excited for her, and we are hoping her baptism will help spark the family to be more active. Jeff is also doing awesome. He has an incredibly strong desire to follow the Lord and His commandments. I love that guy.

I love you all. I know the Gospel is true! Test it out. I dare you.

Love,
Elder Nielsen

Also, a chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment