Monday, June 16, 2014

One down, one to go.

I officially broke the year mark last Thursday, the 12th. It is so weird that I have been out for a year already. Time is flying by.

We had a TON of meetings with the stake and the other missionaries this week, so we didn't have as much time proselyting as we would have liked. We did get to see a couple cool miracles though. We were trying to contact a potential investigator who had talked to the missionaries 3 or 4 years ago. We knocked on the door, and a lady came to the door. We asked for Shenna, but the lady said she didn't live there anymore. We started talking to her about our message and asked her about her beliefs as well. She explained some of the problems that she has been having in her life, and she told us going back to church would probably help her. She also told us she has a 4 year old son, and she wants him to grow up knowing about God. We ended up leaving her with the Book of Mormon, and she said she would read it! 

Jasmine was baptized this last week, and it was a really neat baptismal service. Her less-active mom and non-member dad came, and they seemed to enjoy it. The mom said she wants to read through the Book of Mormon again and check it out, and the dad has looked at it a bit already. We are hoping to start working with them to help them live the Gospel as a family.

Our Mission President spoke at one of the sessions of stake conference this last week, and one of the things he said stood out to me. He said, "If missionary work feels like a burden, then we are doing it wrong." There have been times when I have felt like missionary work is somewhat of a burden, but I should never feel like that! I should be so happy that I get the chance to share the Gospel with others. I have noticed that when I really do throw myself into the work and do everything I can to share the Gospel with people, then it never feels like a burden. I love sharing the Gospel!

Love you guys. Have a great week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment