Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Huey & James's baptism!

Hey everybody!

This week ended well with Huey and James getting baptized! I am so happy for them, and for the changes they have made. They have told us how much happier they have been since the have been progressing to this point, and they are both excited to continue on in the Gospel and prepare to enter the Temple. We are trying to get them a lot of fellowship in the ward right now. They have met a lot of people and made a lot of friends, and so we are just trying to keep the ball rolling. They are both excited to receive a calling and serve others, so it will be neat to see them be able to do that soon.

This could be my last week in Red Bluff, so I am going to enjoy it while I can. I don't know if I am going to stay another one here, but I would love to. Red Bluff has been amazing so far, so I would be totally fine with staying another transfer.

This past week I was studying the topic of "Knowing God." Not in the sense of actually having seen him, but just having a personal and close relationship with him. There is a definite difference between knowing God and knowing of God. I feel like I have come to know God so much more as I have served him, and there is still a lot of room for improvement. I can honestly say that I love my Heavenly Father, and I know He has a perfect plan for ALL of us. I know that as long as we follow Christ as best we can then everything will work out he way it is supposed to. I hope to continue to strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven.

Love you all!

Elder Nielsen
P.S. Huey is the one on the left, and James is on the right. If it has been too long that you can't recognize me then I am the one sporting the TIE FROM ITALY!!! Thanks Erika and mom. You guys are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment