Monday, August 4, 2014

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts"

Sister Nielsen and I had another competition this week. We were having a meeting at our ward mission leader's house, and he brought out the ghost peppers. Sister Nielsen hadn't had her "initiation" into the ward yet, so I was going to eat one pepper with her. It turned into a competition to see who could eat more, and we ended up eating 10 each. It felt alright for a little bit, but then my stomach started killing and my body started tingling. The rest of the day my stomach felt like it was burning it's way through my body. The pain didn't end up going away until I puked about 8 hours after the competition. Note for anyone one who is thinking of it; never have a ghost pepper eating competition.

Huey and James are both preparing to be baptized this Saturday. It is so exciting to see heir desire to follow and to grow closer to Christ. I am so happy for them. On another note, we are still handing out a Book of Mormon during part of church in order to get the ward more excited to do missionary work. We were waiting for a minute, because no one was raising their hand to take the Book of Mormon. All of a sudden Huey volunteered to take a Book of Mormon! It is so cool to see how he wants to share the Gospel with his friends and neighbors already.

Recently I have been pondering on how important our time in this life really is. This life is so small compared to eternity, so we need to use every day to improve to become more like Jesus Christ. I know this Gospel is true, and our Father in Heaven will help us as we do our best to overcome weakness and to come unto Christ.

Love you guys.

Elder Nielsen


Ghost pepper competition between Elder Nielsen and Sister Nielsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment