Monday, August 18, 2014

Transfers

So we got transfer calls last night, and I found out that I am leaving Red Bluff this time around. I am getting transferred up to Redding, which is the northernmost zone in the mission. I am gonna be Zone Leader up there, so it should be fun! I am nervous about it, but I am looking forward to it as well. I'm sure I will be able to learn a lot with all the new experiences in store!

We were biking about 20 minutes outside the city this past week to go visit a family. It turns out that while we were biking to their house we saw them drive the other way, so it kind of put a damper on that plan! We had already biked a good ways, so we found the nearest neighborhood and started knocking on some doors. We were able to see a couple neat miracles. In about 7 houses we gave 2 people a copy of the Book of Mormon and set up to come back another time. The Lord definitely knows what he is doing, and I know he had a perfect plan for that situation that day!

I am so grateful for the chance that I have been able to serve in Red Bluff. It was an amazing experience. I have realized how short the mission really is, so I am planning to work even harder throughout the rest of my mission. I am so grateful for all the people I had the chance to meet here. The mission really has changed my life, and I hope it will continue to make me a better person!

Love you guys!

Elder Nielsen

P.S. We taught the Plan of Salvation using some chalk this past week to one of our investigators. She is 9, and it was a blast! Here's a picture of us (you can kind of see the sidewalk drawings in the background).



No comments:

Post a Comment